Monday, June 6, 2011

This week has some nice photos :D

I'm in the kitchen making some lunch. It's 2:44 pm and I haven't eaten anything yet today. Alright, that's not entirely true; I started eating some tortilla chips about seven minutes ago, and about half an hour ago I ate a few gummie worms.

Our embroidered Mickey hats from February, and the 
Steamboat Willie Mickey doll that he bought :3

I woke up at 9:30 today, I finally set an alarm. No more sleeping until eleven, because that is lame. From the moment I woke up I started to edit photos. I keep talking about all of the pictures I'm taking, and I haven't had any time to post them yet. Partly I haven't taken the time to go through them, and partly because, when I haven't been taking pictures, I've been pleasantly busy doing other things.

Sunday postings were going well for me for a while, but now that I have weekends with Andrew I've decided that it's a good idea to move my postings to Mondays. I spend a lot of time on these entires and I'd rather do that while he's at work and not while he's at the house :)

Another shot of the pool table, it's just so neat! 
Also, the seventeen foot projector screen. It's huge.

We had a pretty busy weekend that presented many photo taking opportunities! I spent over three hours going through photos this morning, and that felt really nice. It hasn't been easy deciding which ones will be up on the blog today, that's for sure. I imagine this "problem" will only get worse. What a wonderful problem to have!

Friday saw the planting of my seeds in the garden plot. That was fun and satisfying. I forgot to water them for the past two days though >.> I went out there and took care of it today though, so hopefully no harm was done. It's extremely misty up here, and Andrew thinks that it's damp enough in the mornings that I probably didn't hurt the seeds. Let's hope not!

Some portraits of Andrew. Left is of him reading Castle Roogna.
Right is of him playing New Super Mario Bros. Wii. <3 his face.

Friday also saw an exceedingly delicious batch of cookies being made. I'm sad to report that they have all been eaten already. We have half a bag of chocolate chips left, so I actually may make some more today. I swear they just taste better when mixed by hand with a wooden spoon. Must be the elbow grease.

It occurred to me while photographing these projects that I need to approach the documenting with a more interesting frame of mind. I think the photos are all fairly boring. They certainly do the job of documenting and capturing, but nothing beyond that. Next time I or we do a project I will do something different.

 My hand-done projects! Both filled with lots of love and attention.

This is difficult for me to believe, but I think I've actually switched over to only using Andrew's camera. I haven't used mine for any shooting in closing in on a week now. That 50mm f/1.4 is so awesome, I can't stop shooting with it. And then last night we went to Disneyland and I had a chance to push the high ISO settings. I am impressed. I am very impressed. I feel a little bad about my camera, my faithful four year old Nikon. But I've been wanting to upgrade to a nicer model for over a year now, and there's one in the house! It's Andrew's, and he has no issues with me commandeering it for my needs. Awfully nice of him. It'll be interesting when we find that we need to use it at the same time O.O

Speaking of Disneyland, it is an excellent place to hang out! We had a lovely, leisurely strolling time around the park last night. We stopped to take pictures wherever we pleased and took long scenic routes to each destination. It was raining lightly, which was awesome, and I wish I had kept a tally for how many conversations I overheard that contained a person complaining about it :D

 Left is Andrew demonstrating flipping for me. He has
a light box that sits in an animation table. He should get a 
table soon, that'd be super neat. It was a lot of fun watching
him animate that little ball. Right are some lanterns from a 
restaurant in Disneyland.

It's awesome to walk around Disneyland with no agenda. If we passed a ride that had no line then we'd go on it. Mostly we were out walking and taking pictures, we only went on a few rides. We found a lot of places that would make for great photos, but we have to go back during the day for some of them. A lot of locations would be just fine at night, but we started pushing into tripod-necessary territory. The ISO on that camera can do wonderful things, but there's still something to be said for wanting a less noisy night shot.

Hopefully we'll go back soon. He said we'd keep our eyes out for a tripod this week. We need one for his birthday party this weekend anyway!

 Sites around Disneyland as the park begins to empty.

One of our projects this weekend was a photo booth made of cardboard. It's really more of a decorated place to sit and have your photo taken than a real booth, but that does not matter. We had a lot of fun making it, and he had the perfect wrapping paper to use as a background! We're going to set my camera up on a tripod and people can sit down and use the remote to take their photo. Should be a lot of fun. I'm certainly looking forward to it! Andrew will end up with many pictures of his friends being goofy.

My epic task for his birthday party, other than taking candid shots with the Canon, is to make him an epic three tiered birthday cake. It's going to be awesome. I've never made a tiered cake before! I expect I'll take a lot of photos of my masterpiece, unless of course it turns out horribly in which case I'll take no photos and just insist that everyone ate it too quickly and that it looked good you'd better believe it.

 Hard at work on that cardboard and wrapping paper!

 Andrew lookin' cute as always. Me looking very uncomfortable.

I think that about wraps up this entry. I have some phone calls to make and some job listings to look at! I've also been scouring craigslist for a bike. Fingers crossed that I find one soon, I'm read to ride! I hope that whenever I get one it has a basket :3

-MJ

No comments:

Popular Posts

Trying to find something?