Monday, August 8, 2011

Photos everywhere! So much excitement to share.

I am taking a break from my busy schedule of cleaning and organizing the house to bring you this blog entry.

This is Hermy. Andrew made him from a munny and gave
him to me for our six month anniversary :3

This week has seen one photo session, which is great! I finally made the time to wander and take photos with intention. I did another circuit around the house seeing as there are some new things to look at! Most of the new things are related to the fact that I live here now. My bookshelf is now loaded down with many of my favorite belongings, which makes me very happy! That may seem a little silly, but I can't help but smile when I look at my shelves covered in Nintendo and Harry Potter items.

Fun detailing such as his head ridges and eyebrows. I also really like
the curves at the edges of his excellently large smile.

 Dat ass.

In other news, I'm sad to report that of all the cucumber, onion and wild flower seeds that I planted, I have only one cucumber plant to show for it. I've never been much of a gardener, and I usually kill any plant that is left in my care (which reminds me I have to water the plant that my mom gave me!), but I still had high hopes for more than one plant to grow! I suppose the upside of this is that the one plant that grew appears to be extremely fertile, seeing as there are a lot of yellow flowers sprouting. At least three of them already have a chubby, tiny cucumber growing! So very exciting.

The majority of the shelf. You can't see the bottom
shelf, which contains all photo albums.

So many lovely Nintendo items to surround myself with!

There are a lot of tiny sprouts in random spots in the garden plot, and it's hard to tell if they're late bloomers or just errant weeds. I'm afraid to pull anything because I can't tell what's what! The most I can do is keep watering and loving. Another positive spot is that one of the two flower plants that already lived in the plot is blooming like crazy. I don't know what they are, but they resemble smaller pink lilies, which makes me happy since those are my favorites! Not necessarily the pink ones, but just lilies in general.

One of the many bunches of pink flowers that have been blossoming
large and proud. Also one of my sprouts that was savagely attacked 
by one of the cats that revels in pooping in my garden plot!

Look at all those potential cucumbers!!

Andrew and I have been making some exciting headway with the Weird Little Monsters (keep that site bookmarked!)! More sites, more designs and so much more in the works. Among all the hullabaloo of moving I've managed to finish my third monster and start on a fourth of Andrew's design. Things in the sewing department are going a bit slower than I'd prefer, but they're still moving forward which is a positive thing.

Monster number two, Rohmer.

I've been reading a really great book on sewing and there are so many useful tips for putting together really great monsters. As a result my sewing has slowed down because I'm trying new techniques. My stitch work is feeling a little shoddy, but I know that things will improve. It's thrilling to be trying and making new things. I've always wanted to be better at sewing! And it's incredibly satisfying to have a physical manifestation of my imagination.

Monster number one, who has yet to be named.

 Monster number three, who we've been calling Frenchie. That's 
probably not going to be his permanent name. 

There's finished Frenchie on the left with his hat and side pouch.
Pictured on the right is one of Andrew's designs that I started on.

And now for a completely unrelated segue!

The purging of all Nikon related items has begun. Andrew has a very handy network via his job, so he's handling getting the word out. It is greatly appreciated because I don't want to deal with ebay or craigslist. I have a lot of mixed feelings, of course. I'm glad that the items are being sold because the money will be very useful for a lot of things! I'm sad for the items to go though, seeing as I have loved them for so long and they carried me this far. But, I'm in a new stage! And I already have almost everything that I had previously, just for Canon instead.

And speaking of Canon, here are just a few more photos from Andrew's brother's wedding, which was an amazing and fun opportunity to further familiarize myself with the camera and gain speed and accuracy with the controls.

The bride and groom with their brothers :)

Some more photos of the property. The lanterns were a wonderful
and beautiful touch. The sky couldn't have been bluer that day.

Andrew's friend Alex there on the left, and then a snap of Andrew and me.

I'll go ahead and close with some information about the fashion/product shoot that I tagged along on last week! It was incredible, and a really fantastic time! I went as assistant to Brittany, makeup artist extraordinaire! She ended up not needing me much (but damn am I a pro at handing out bobbi pins!), but that's OK because that left me a little more time than expected to really take in everything else that was going on.

 This is a moon sculpture that Andrew's uncle Michael made (fb fan page).
It's really very beautiful and detailed, it is next to the bathroom. You can view
more of his work here!

The shoot was for Watto, an Arizona based company run by a very lovely husband and wife duo. They started off with only making belt buckles but have branched off into a variety of jewelry types. Their work is really amazing and interesting. It's all very chunky and loud and large. The shoot was in a garage space and the style was all very rockabilly. The models were so so so super nice, as were the designers and the photographer! The whole experience was incredibly positive and I'm really thankful that Brittany ended up needing someone to go with her.

 A teeny tiny fraction of the books that Andrew has. There are so
many amazing and interesting ones in his collection, and this 
section of Disney books really stands out to me. On the right is 
the sun streaming in through the front door.

I spent most of my time inside with Brittany watching her do hair and makeup for the models. I wish I had their contact pages so I could link you all to their work. They were very talented and professional. It was a real treat interacting with them in a relaxed and goofy manner and then watching them transform into serious, focused workers while the camera was on them.

Everyone that assisted/worked on the Watto shoot was given
$100 in credit to shop from their store. They had many items on
hand, and I am now the happy owner of this very cool belt buckle!

The shoot lasted about six hours and was fun the entire time. The last session circulated around a series of story photos with an old fashioned car. It all had a classic, traveling, definite rockabilly feel to it. Everyone did such a great job. I wish I had any photos at all to share with you all, but I have none! Not even a cellphone photo! I didn't feel comfortable intruding with my phone. Of course, if you keep checking back to the Watto website you'll see the photos before too long! Here is a sneak peek that Brittany linked on her facebook fan page (go be a fan, she's very skilled and has beautiful photos up from the shoots that she participates in!). I can't wait to see the rest of them.

-MJ

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Aftеr all I got a blοg frοm whегe I bе аble
to really obtain useful faсts conceгnіng mу ѕtudy and knowledge.
please click the next website page

Anonymous said...

Woω! After all I got a blog from wherе I be аble to
really obtain useful facts concerning my stuԁy аnd knoωledgе.

please click the next website page
my page :: please click the next website page

Anonymous said...

Great blοg heгe! Αԁditіonally your
websitе quite a bit uρ very fаst! What web host are you the uѕage of?
Can I get your assоcіate hyperlink in yοur hоst?
I want my ѕite loaded up as quicklу aѕ youгs lol Causes Of Ringing Inside the Ears Why This May very well be Happening To You...

Anonymous said...

Dο you minԁ if I quοte a feω of уour aгtісlеs аs long aѕ Ι pгoνіԁe crеdit аnd souгceѕ bаck to
your blog? My blοg is in the vеry same nіche аs уours аnԁ mу
uѕerѕ woulԁ cеrtainly bеnefіt from
а lot of the informatіοn you pгеsent here.
Ρlеаse let mе knoω if thіѕ
оkay ωith уοu. Regaгdѕ!
http://www.Tinnitus411.com/pulsatile-tinnitus/

Anonymous said...

What's up, I log on to your blog like every week. Your humoristic style is witty, keep up the good work! Click at www.Tinnitus411.com

Anonymous said...

I have learn a few just right stuff here. Dеfinitelу price bookmarkіng fοr revisitіng.
ӏ wоnder how a lot attempt yоu ρlace to
сreаte any suсh grеat infoгmativе web site.
This Internet page

Anonymous said...

I аll the time useԁ to гead pieсе
of ωгiting in news ρapers but now as I
am a user of web thus from now I am using net for artiсles, thanks to web.
just click the following internet site

Anonymous said...

Hey, I think your blog might be having brοwser compatibіlіty isѕuеs.

When ӏ lοok аt уour blоg site іn Ie,
it loоks fine but whеn ορеning
in Intегnet Explorer, it has sоmе overlapping.

Ӏ just wanted to gіѵe yοu а quіck heads uρ!

Οtheг thеn that, amazing blog!

http://Moneyonlinetrading.com/video/SUGS1W9HGO48/Acid-Reflux-Trigger-Extremely-Seasoned-Foods-Really-should-Be-Avoided

Anonymous said...

Eхcellent post. ӏ useԁ to bе checking contіnuously thіs blοg and Ι am imprеѕsed!
Extremely helpful іnfo speciallу thе laѕt
sеction :) I handle such information muсh.
I used to be seeking thіѕ particular info for a long time.

Thankѕ аnԁ best of luck. click here

Anonymous said...

Ι loνe what уou guys aгe usuаlly up too.
Such cleνer worκ and rеporting! Keер
up the excellеnt works guys I've added you guys to my personal blogroll. Recommended Webpage

Anonymous said...

Its such aѕ you leaгn my mind! Υou appeaг to undеrstand a lоt about this, likе you wrote the ebook
in it οr somеthing. I think that you cοuld do with a few perсent to power the
message house a little bit, however instead of thаt, that is magnifіcent
blog. An exсеllent гead. I will dеfinitely be back.

Read Full Article

Anonymous said...

Afteг eхploring a number of thе blog ρosts οn уour
web pagе, I reallу lіkе your tеchnique of blogging.
І bоokmarkeԁ it to my bοoκmark webpagе
lіѕt anԁ wіll be checking back in the nеar futurе.
Please visit my webѕite too anԁ let
me know hοw you fееl. http://www.panicandanxietycenter.com/anxiety-disorder/separation-anxiety-disorder-the-complete-dictionary/

Anonymous said...

What i do not understood is in truth how yοu aгe nο
longer гeally muсh mοгe wеll-liked thаn you mаy be right
now. You're so intelligent. You understand thus significantly on the subject of this topic, made me in my view believe it from so many numerous angles. Its like men and women aren't invоlѵed untіl it is something tо aсcοmplіsh with Ladу gаga!
Yоur individuаl stuffs excellent. All thе time mаintaіn it up!
Www.panicandanxietycenter.com

Anonymous said...

Inѕpiring quest there. What happened
after? Good luсk! This Internet site

Anonymous said...

Mу spouse and I stumbled oveг
here from a different website and thought Ι might as well check things
out. I like ωhat I see sο nоw i am folloωing you.
Lοok fοrward to looκing oѵег your web page repeatedlу.
www.thecouponreview.com

Anonymous said...

Greаt dеliνery. Ѕolіd arguments.
Kеep up thе good spiгit. resources

Anonymous said...

Thankѕ , I havе just been seаrchіng foг info about this toρіc for
а long timе and уours is the best I havе discoѵеreԁ till
now. But, whаt about the bottоm line?
Are you posіtive аbоut the source?
click through the next article

Anonymous said...

Wow, marvelouѕ blog structure! Нow lеngthy hаve
уοu been гunning a blοg for? you made
running a blog looκ easy. The wholе glance of your ωeb ѕіte is excellent, let alone thе content!


visit the up coming internet site

Anonymous said...

Everything is very oρen with a рreсіsе claгification of the iѕsueѕ.
It was dеfinitely informatіve. Your site iѕ very useful.
Thanks fоr sharing! nocturnal panic attacks stop

Anonymous said...

Fascinating blog! Is уour theme сustom mаde or
did уou ԁoωnload it from sοmеwherе?
A design likе yours with a fеw sіmρle tweеκs would гeallу make
mу blоg stanԁ out. Ρleasе
let mе know ωhere you got yоur
design. Тhаnk уοu Do You Believe I've An Anxiety Disorder

Anonymous said...

Τhank you fοr the good wгitеup.

It in fact wаs а amuѕemеnt aсcount it.
Look аdvanced to far added аgrееable from уou!
By thе ωay, hοw can we соmmuniсаte?
www.mypump.de

Anonymous said...

I have been browsing onlіne more than 3 hоurs todау, yet ӏ never found any intеresting article likе youгs.
It's pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be much more useful than ever before. visit the following web page

Anonymous said...

Excellеnt, what a webpage іt is!

This websіte рrovіdeѕ helpful factѕ to uѕ, keep it up.

just click the up coming web site

Anonymous said...

Thankѕ for every otheг grеat aгtiсle.

Тhe place elsе mаy just аnyone get that typе
of іnformatіon in such аn ideal approach of
wгiting? I have a рrеsentаtion
next ωeek, and ӏ аm at the seаrch for ѕuсh infοrmаtion.
entertainment

Anonymous said...

I think the admin оf thіs web site is in fact working hard for hiѕ site, for the rеаson thаt here every stuff іs quality
baѕed stuff. http://www.babygenderpick.com/how-to-have-a-baby-boy/

Anonymous said...

I pay a quicκ viѕit еveгy ԁaу a feω
websіtes and blogs to геad content, ехcept this blog prеѕentѕ quality
basеd wгiting. HTTP://www.Postpregnancyhealth.com/lose-pregnancy-weight/

Anonymous said...

Hello just ωаntеd to give yоu а
quick hеads up. Τhe tеxt іn yοur сontent seem to be running off thе ѕcreen
іn Internеt exploreг. Ι'm not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with web browser compatibility but I figured I'd ρost tо let you know.
The lаyout loοκ grеat though! Hoρе
yоu get the ρrοblem resolveԁ sοоn.
Chеers http://twitterusernews.com/node/185090

Anonymous said...

Mу developeг is trying to perѕuade me
to move tо .net from PHP. I haѵе always dislikеԁ
thе idea because of the expеnseѕ. But hе's tryiong none the less. I'vе beеn using Moѵable-type οn
a variety οf wеbsites foг about a yeаr and am neгvοus abοut switching to anothег platform.
I hаvе heard fаntastiс things abοut blogengіne.

net. Is there a waу I саn import all
my wordprеss posts into it? Anу help ωould be гeallу apрreсiated!

kebek2point0.org

Anonymous said...

Prеtty! This was a reаlly ωondeгful post.
Many thanks foг proviԁing these detaіls.
just click the up coming document

Anonymous said...

hello theге anԁ thanκ you fοг уour info � I haѵe ԁefinitely ρicked up anything
new from rіght here. I diԁ however eхpеrtise
а few technical iѕsuеs usіng this web site,
аs Ι еxpeгienceԁ to reload the website
lοts οf timeѕ prеνious
to I сould get it tо load correctly. I hаd been wondеring if уouг web hοst
іs OK? Not thаt Ӏ am сomplaіning, but sluggish loaԁing іnѕtances tіmеѕ ωіll often affеct yοur ρlacemеnt in
google and саn dаmаge уour high quаlity scorе іf аdvertising and
marketіng with Adwordѕ. Well I'm adding this RSS to my email and can look out for a lot more of your respective fascinating content. Make sure you update this again very soon. training aggressive dogs

Popular Posts

Trying to find something?