Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Fabulous nature and an unpleasant discovery.

Let me start off with the bad news.

I discovered today that when I export edited versions of full resolution photos through Aperture with the option "jpeg-original size", it downgrades the files from 240 ppi to 72 ppi. All of my carefully edited photos from the past two to three months are at an unprintable resolution.



Perhaps I would have discovered this horrifying fact sooner, but I use Actions to resize my photos for the web, so I never see the resolution.



I'm feeling a little distraught about this, especially considering the fact that all of my California photos (of which there are hundreds) were edited and exported through Aperture. I do not want to do it again. The files are OK for 4x6 prints. I guess if I want to print them larger I can re-edit on a case by case basis. Ugh.



In better news, I have more photos from my adventure at Ryan and Olivia's place. They live nestled in the woods and are absolutely surrounded by beautiful natural scenery. Not far from their house is a lake. A wonderful lake. I had the pleasure of being taken there by them at just about sunset. The lake was like glass, something that I've always wanted to be able to photograph. Such perfect reflections of the surrounding trees.



Olivia has some great tulips growing as well. It was nice to photograph the flowers. She's very proud of them, it was fun to get some good photos for her.



Today is two weeks since I received a call from the repair shop saying they should have my camera back for me to pick up in two weeks. I was very disappointed that they didn't call me today. Today also happens to mark the one month anniversary of the day I dropped my camera. One month. I feel like I've forgotten what it's like to own it. I miss it so much. It sort of feels like it was in another life that I had a nice dslr with multiple lenses and a nice flash. It's making me freaking insane! I'm ready to have it back. I swear after I pick it up from the store I'm going to sleep with it in my arms for weeks.



D80 I miss you and I love you and I'll never take you for granted ever again! Fingers crossed that I'll get that call tomorrow.

-MJ

1 comment:

Karissa C. said...

Love, love the silhouette photo of the couple Miranda!!!

Popular Posts

Trying to find something?