Wednesday, April 7, 2010

New beginnings? Do-Overs? Let's pretend that didn't happen?

Two days ago, life interrupted in the most common of ways, and the result was that I forgot to post my 111th photo.

Inconsolably distraught is the only way to describe me as I realized this with a gasp at 1:30 in the morning. Commence sobbing.

When starting my 365 project, I imagined that if there were any slip-ups then I would start over. Back to photo number one. Well, that unfortunate day approached, and as I sat in bed choking and crying I decided that I wasn't interested in starting over and I certainly wasn't quitting.

So, I picked up the next day with photo number 111. I didn't think I would get as far as the 100s before slipping up and I am incredibly proud of myself. This project is important to me and I'm going to see it through. I envision more issues in the future anyway. Nothing will stop me!

Today as I approached a large staircase at school, I began to ponder if it would make a good photo. I continued to walk toward the stairs, and then stopped. I heard Ryan's voice in my head, "take a photo of anything that even remotely interests you". So I backed up and took out my mom's camera, squatted down and took a few photos. I should have taken more because I ended up cropping my favorite one to make an even better shot.

Earlier today I was looking through The Best Camera Is The One That's With You by Chase Jarvis. That man is a wealth of inspiration! His quotes and photos are so uplifting. There are photos everywhere. Everywhere! I'm excited to post more in the coming days. I'm liking my random photos more and more every day.

-MJ

2 comments:

Karissa C. said...

Aw Miranda! Don't worry too much about missing a day! The important part is that you are DOING the project and it's great! I admire your dedication, keep it up!

Unknown said...

Thank you Karissa! :)

Popular Posts

Trying to find something?